Definition of cookies
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the same sites the next time the same user visits. While browsing a site, the user may also receive cookies from different sites or web servers (so-called “third-party” cookies); this happens because the website visited may contain elements such as, for example, images, maps, sounds, specific links to web pages of other domains that reside on servers other than the one on which the requested page is located.
Purposes of cookies
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: these are those used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service” (Art. 122, Section I, Privacy Code). They can be divided into navigation or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas).
- Analytical cookies: these are assimilated to technical cookies and are those used directly by the site operator to collect information in aggregate form, on the accesses and number of users and on how they use the site. They pursue statistical purposes only.
- Functional cookies: are those that allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria, such as language, products selected for purchase, in order to improve the service.
- Profiling cookies: are those designed to create profiles on the user and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user when browsing the web.
- Third-party cookies: while browsing the site, the user may also receive cookies from different websites or web servers on his terminal equipment, which are set directly by operators of websites or servers other than the site. These cookies may be sent to the user’s browser by third-party companies directly from their websites, which can be accessed by navigating from the site. In such cases, the operator of this site is not involved in the operation of these cookies, the sending of which is the responsibility of these third-party companies.
Cookies used on our website
- As for users who have access to the administrative part of our site, cookies will be created during the login phase and will remain stored until the browser is closed;
- As for visitors to our site who find pages with the possibility of posting a comment, cookies will be created that will last for one year, these are only intended to facilitate the user not to re-enter their data each time;
We use it for the sole purpose of collecting aggregated and anonymous information about users’ browsing of our site. For a more detailed understanding of Google’s cookies read here
We use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google for the sole purpose of protecting our site from spam bots on contact forms and comments. For a more detailed understanding of Google’s cookies read here
Sometimes Google maps, which is capable of profiling, may be embedded in the pages and used by this site for the purpose of displaying the maps of Google. For a more detailed understanding of Google’s cookies read here
Social network cookies
These cookies store information related to the use of the site from popular social networks. To find out about and disable cookies from these social networks, please refer to the individual policies: Linkedin
Racheli makes it possible to use its website even if it does not accept the use of third-party cookies (with the exclusion of Google reCAPTCHA), it points out that in this way there is the possibility that the total or partial content of some pages and some functions therein may not be accessible.
Management and Changes of Cookies
It is possible to deactivate or remove cookies in whole or in part directly from the browser. From your browser settings (e.g. Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, Firefox or Chrome) you can determine which cookies you wish to receive and which you do not. To find out where to find the settings, which may vary depending on the browser used, use the ‘Help’ function of your browser. Please bear in mind that by choosing to disable cookies, access to the site may be restricted to certain functions and areas. Exclusion from an advertising network only means that the excluded network will no longer show advertisements based on the user’s preferences and online behaviour, but advertisements will still be sent.
To delete cookies from the Internet browser of your smartphone/tablet, please refer to the user manual of your device.
Please note that Google services are provided by Google LLC or Google Ireland Limited.e